Experience the Aveda difference.
Since 1978 Aveda has worked hard on connecting their mission with product development by using what they define as green ingredients whenever possible. At Aveda the goal is to ensure that their products will benefit the user through performance while also delivering the promise of environmental and social responsibility.
As an added benefit, the products are formulated without parabens, phthalates and sodium lauryl sulfate. While always working hard to ensure that ecological and cultural diversity is represented by responsibly sourcing key ingredients from different habitats all over the world they bring you some of the best products available to consumers today! Aveda is proud to participate in fair compensation to positively impact both the people and the economy from the areas that their ingredients are sourced from.
Aveda's definition of a green ingredient requires that it meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Naturally derived, which we define to be those for which more than 50% of the molecule comes from a plant, non-petroleum mineral, water, or some other natural source.
• Certified organic.
• Sourced from sustainable or renewable plant-based origins, and does not negatively impact the ecosystems from which they are sourced.
To Aveda, continued progress and improvement in the number of green ingredients we use in our products is an essential part of ensuring we honor our Mission commitment to care for the world we live in.
Aveda's use of green Ingredients in practice:
• Since 2000, Aveda has substantially increased our purchases of organic raw herbal ingredients and organic essential oils from 20%-25% of total tonnage to more than 90% for both while also increasing our total tonnage significantly. The exact percentage varies slightly from year to year due to product mix and availability of certified ingredients.
• Aveda has established Soil to Bottle™ traceability for certain key ingredients, which allows Aveda to progressively document and expand the source of these ingredients while promoting quality through its supply chain.
• Aveda's development of its exclusive Babassu Betaine technology is part of its efforts to develop and use sustainable plant-based alternatives to replace the use of petrochemicals whenever possible.
• All of Aveda's essential oils are processed in an environmentally responsible manner through steam distillation
To learn more about the ingredients and where they are sourced from please click here!
If you are ready to experience the Aveda difference for yourself or if you just need to restock your supply be sure to click on the button below! If you are not sure about what products will work best for you, be sure to Book an Appointment today to come visit us at Fresh & Co Salon!